Thursday 2 February 2012

What A Funny Day....

Well my day started really good, on was the LOAD212 gallery pages and discussions calmly and slowly going through them when I got up from the computer chair when one of the legs broke off and frighten the you no what out of me. Oh bugger! Pat (hubby) had just been given the chair for Christmas by Damien (son) and Georgie(Daughter-in-law). So have to ring them to let them all know and see if we can get it replaced.
After that I continued going through the gallery and then went and watched Dani's video, it was just great here is her link if you would like to take a look she is doing it by video so it's lovely to see the real person. http://acoffeeaddict.com/2012/02/and-were-off-load-day-1/

Then later in the afternoon I ended up with a migraine, so took some panadol and off to bed.  I finally woke up at about 9pm head only fuzzie, but I need to get my email for LOAD2. I was so looking forward to getting it but now felt i was about 4 hours behind.  I do have a bad habit of giving myself a hard time.
 
 
Over to the emails I went and there it was, what did Lain have install for me today, I wondered.





Hmmmm favourite photo, there are so many which one should I do?  Then it dawn on me I have this great family photo of us taken back in around 1967 that's perfect.  Also there is a lot of meaning for me with this photo but I'll explain that in my page.  Well I go to my big green box of photos get out the enveloped mark 1967 and oh no it's not there all the others are. What have I done with it? Have I scrapped it? Where is it? I have no idea. No I have to find it, so I pull all the photo boxes out and within seconds my nice clean space looks like this.......  I felt ill just couldn't find this photo after search for about 2 hours.
 
Right it's time to pick other photo that I love and this is it. 


Great this is perfect I had a great idea, well it didn't last very long as when I turned the photo over onto the back it had "Christmas Darts Party 1984".  I can do this got my Christmas papers out and then I remembered I could use one of the Christmas tags I received from the Scrap Happy Tag Swap perfect.  All the pieces were falling into place.  The Merry Christmas tag was from Sharon McDonald from Quincy MA USA. The tag suited my page perfectly thanks Sharon.  I love working with stripes and doing 3d so cut out the presents and the babbles and used 3d foam and put them on top of the matching design.
 
Picking Papers
 
My messy desk.

  
Taking photos of how the 3d looked on my page.  used the idea once again from the Nichol Magouirk: Taking Amazing Project Photos. They're not to bad just need more practise and I'm sure I will get better.  The title I used for this page is
"A Christmas Kiss."
My journaling reads:                                                          I was such a lucky mummy that my son Damien was not scared to show his affections. I hope as he grew into a loving young man he would still show this affection not just to me but to all who mean a great deal to him and he does..
Well that's another LOAD Day over, I'm sorry it's late, but I will do my best for LOAD3.

1 comment:

  1. visting from LOAD - love how you are documenting the whole process of creating the layout too - very cute layout! :)

    ReplyDelete